How we handle your data
When you use our website, it’s our responsibility to protect your personal data and to not misuse any personal information that you provide to us. It is necessary for us to share and store some of the data that you provide us with, in some specific ways, in order for our online store to operate effectively for you, so please take some time to read below as to what we do with your data and how and why we do it.
Tonerider complies fully with all applicable Data Protection and consumer legislation, and we’ll treat all your personal information as fully confidential.
- Some parts of our website require you to provide us with personal data about yourself (such as our online ordering system)
- Any data which we retain is stored on secure servers
- Some parts of our website only work if you accept cookies from our website (such as your shopping basket)
- We do not share your personal data with anyone for marketing purposes
- We do need to share some of the information that you provide to us with our trusted partners in order to make our online store work correctly (such as sharing your order details with Stripe who process our card payments)
- We never share any sensitive data or any data which is not specifically required to allow a part of our website to function correctly
- We have a mailing list which you can opt in or out of which provides periodical newsletters and offers
- We do not share our mailing list with anyone else for marketing purposes
- Some features of our site read your IP address in order to provide you with accurate pricing for your region.
- We do not use any part of our website to obtain your age, date of birth, gender, ethnicity, or any other personal data not relevant to the ordering process on our online store or use of our forum.
- We store details of orders that you place with Tonerider indefinitely, for the purpose of easy future reference by you or us and to comply with tax laws
Using our online store
When using our website to order pickups from us, you will need to sign in to our website and provide us with certain personal details about yourself, such as your name, address, email and telephone number. We store this data in order to provide you with a fast and easy service, so that your details are saved if you wish to make further orders in the future and so that any queries with your order can be dealt with efficiently. We store this information on secure servers and do not share any of your personal data with anyone else for marketing or research purposes.
When you make a purchase with us, we use a third party payment processor, Stripe, to handle all of our credit and debit card transactions. As you progress through our checkout process, you will be forwarded to the Stripe secure payment portal to enter your card details. Those card details are handled solely by Stripe and they do not share your card details with us, only basic information about the authorisation status of your purchase. When you are forwarded to Stripe, we do need to share some basic details with them regarding your purchase, such as your name and billing address and the total amount of your order. We do not share any information with them that is not completely necessary to complete your order.
Other ways that we interact with you and your data
We also read your IP address in order to provide location data that allows us to provide you with the most accurate shipping costs and apply the correct taxation rates for your country.
Storage of Data
We retain certain data that you provide us with, as part of your login profile. This includes your name, email address, username and password. This data is stored on secure servers. Staff at Tonerider have access to your login profile, which is used to check order status, reference previous orders and to assist you in placing new orders. Staff at Tonerider do not have access to your password.
We retain a history of your orders and emails so that they can be accessed in the future if we need to confirm details of an old order or refer to a query that you have raised with us in the past.
Our Cookies Policy
Cookies are tiny text files stored on your computer when you visit certain web pages. Most web browsers have cookies enabled. Please note that cookies can’t harm your computer. We use encrypted information gathered from them to help improve your experience of the site. For example, they help us to identify and resolve errors, or to determine relevant related products to show you when you’re browsing.
Our cookies don’t store sensitive information such as your name, address or payment details: they simply hold the ‘key’ that, once you’re signed in, is associated with this information. However, if you’d prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from shop.tonerider.com, or any other website, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the ‘Help’ menu of your particular browser (or your mobile phone’s handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences.